050808

Do you know the names of your great-grandparents? I was watching a program on TBN late last night and the narrator asked this question (I don't generally watch TBN because of all the prosperity preachers, which I don't agree with, but late night does have some good programming). I don't know the names of mine. The narrator said that most people don't. I think it made a very good commentary to the scriptures that life is but a vapor and a generation goes and a generation comes and there is no remembrance of former things, from Ecclesiastes. So why do people strive to be remembered? When you think of all the history of the world you learned growing up, do you realize it is just a tiny fraction of the whole? This part of life is a vapor. We have a whole eternity to spend after this life. Don't you want to spend it with the Creator of heaven and earth? My prayer is for all people to search for the One true and living God, Jesus Christ, who died for our sins and paid our fine so we could have heaven and spend eternity with God.

No comments: