There is no condemnation in Christ

If you've read my life story, you know what kind of crazy past I've had. I've done some pretty awful things in my opinion. The devil did a good job whispering in my ear that I was a horrible person, a loser, undeserving of love, friendship, and normal relationships. I let my older son do things to me that were unacceptable because I sent him away for a year to live with my mom and I felt guilty for not loving him enough. I believed these lies for 26 years until I couldn't stand it anymore and wanted to die every single day. And then I gave up and surrendered my life to Christ. Since then, the Lord has freed me from alcohol abuse, cigarettes, and little by little from depression as well. When I was born again, I became a new creation in Christ, the old me is gone. The only problem I've had is believing it. I've had many days of sadness, dwelling on all my old stuff, feeling guilty, grieving for wasted years. Thanks to some pretty awesome friends from the Lord, I think I'm finally beginning to come to the end of the shame I've carried for all these years. They have constantly reminded me that I am a new creation in Christ, that the Lord has forgiven me and forgotten my past, all my past sins have been thrown into the sea, never to resurface. I've also talked to my boys about all the stuff I did wrong. They forgave me a long time ago, I just couldn't forgive myself. Yesterday at Bible study, the topic was about letting go of the past. Then at work I was talking to one of my friends, telling her she could adopt a baby some day if she didn't want to physically carry one herself. I told her how during the mother's day service, the pastor spoke about the sacrificial love of the mothers who give their children up for adoption. Before Christ, I used to think you had to really not love your child to give it away, but now I know and understand you have to really really love your child to give it away. Then, suddenly, I had one of those God revelations. I used to think I was so selfish and unloving for sending R home to live with my mom for that year, but it was a lie! I sent him home because I loved him so much I wanted what was best for him and it was the right thing to do! I've always known this from an intellectual point of view, but yesterday, it hit my heart and my spirit. There is NO condemnation in Christ! God is so good and patient. He has helped me give up my past for a wonderful future with Him. Glory to God!

No comments: