Blessed!

Well I made it through another year and am now half way to 90. Woohoo! The pain in my leg, which is due to a sciatic nerve injury, is getting better little by little. This is week 3. I am going into week 4. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for Monday because I can't take any more motrin because it increases my blood pressure. This will be the third doctor's visit in 3 weeks. How can I be blessed throughout suffering? A good friend of mine sent me this scripture :

Job 19:25-26

25For I know that my Redeemer lives,
and at the last he will stand upon the earth.
26And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
yet in my flesh I shall see God,

and here is the verse of the day from Bible Gateway :

“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”- Romans 12:12

I am learning to be patient and it is not an easy thing to learn.

Tomorrow is my mommy's last day with us here in Florida. She is heading back to Pennsylvania by train Monday morning. My family has been tremendously blessed by her visit. My boys adore her and so do I. I think she had a good time despite all my injuries. Life is not the same without her around. I have great kids. My older son is pretty into doing his own thing, so when he does something for me I feel blessed because it takes effort for him. My younger son is painfully honest. I know he'll tell me the truth about his life, even if it means he is in trouble.

I am blessed because the Maker of heaven and earth calls me His daughter, even when I'm complaining. God is good all the time!

No comments: