Blessed!

This was my third week off and I am ready to go back to work. I feel really good as far as recovering from surgery goes. This past Monday, we went for ice cream and I wasn't looking where I was going and fell off the curb and wrenched my back pretty badly. Now I am dealing with sciatic inflammation like I've never had before. I ended up finding a new family physician and he injected my sacroiliac joint with a combination of steroids, lidocaine, and marcaine. It is slowly getting better and I don't think it hurts as much as the abdominal pain I had 2 weeks ago.

I've decided that now is the time to try to become more fit. I need to lose 30 pounds. I haven't done anything in the way of exercise in a really long time and it's time for me to change that, so this week I started walking again and I am counting my calories. I am eating 1500 calories or less a day. I'm pretty sure I was eating 2000-5000 calories a day before! The key to weight loss is to never stop watching your caloric intake. I have already lost 5 pounds. :) I feel confident with the Lord's help, I'll be able to get into better shape. He gave me the strength to stop drinking and smoking, He'll give me the strength for this.

Today, we went to see the bodies exhibition in Ft Lauderdale. I really liked it, but then again I love anatomy and physiology and I am a surgical nurse so I get to see the inside of the body everyday. Galen and my mom thought is was gross but interesting. :) I'm the only person in my whole family that isn't skeeved by blood and guts.

All in all, things couldn't be better. I have an awesome family, both in blood and in Christ. I have a roof over my head, a job I like, and food on the table. Thanks to the Lord, my perspective is different. I am able to see the good in all the circumstances of my life, whether they are good or bad. I am so thankful to Him for that. Before Christ, this situation would have had me in total despair and depression, but not now! I owe Him everything! I have peace I never had before and for that I will be eternally grateful!!! This reminds me of what the apostle Paul says in:

2 Corinthians 4:8-10

8We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; 9persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; 10 always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.

Thank You Jesus for my life!

No comments: